Our competition aims to identify and showcase the innovative work of product designers and manufacturers of furniture, lighting, flooring and floor coverings, bedding, kitchen and household appliances, window treatments, plumbing, building materials, and interior finishes, as well as the distributors who support them and bring these innovations to the public.
To be eligible, the product must:
- Have a defining green or sustainable attribute (in design, material, increased energy efficiency, reduced embodied energy, etc...) and/or be made in a sustainable way incorporating the cradle-to-cradle concept. * Be new, but available to consumers (on the market less than two years).
The competition is open to all product designers and product developers, manufacturers and importers in these categories:
- Furniture: Case Goods, Upholstery, and Indoor/Outdoor (Casual Furniture)
- Lighting: Fixtures, Portable Lamps, Bulbs, etc.
- Floor Coverings
- Bedding (Soft Goods, Mattresses)
- Kitchen Appliances: Dishwashers, Ranges/Ovens and Refrigerators
- Household Appliances (Water heaters, Fans, Heat Pumps, etc.)
- Window Treatments (Hard and Soft)
- Building Materials (Roofing, Insulation, Masonry, etc.)
- Interior Finishes (Sealants, Wallpaper, Paint, etc.)
Our panel of independent judges will rate each entry on how well it meets the criteria for green and sustainable design and manufacturing, and judge it on its innovation and overall aesthetics. One winner will be chosen in each category. Winners will be notified by August 5, 2011 and spotlighted on our NewYorkHouseMagazine.com website. Additionally, all winners will be invited to a Green Networking Reception in New York in August.
Deadline for Entries:
July 15, 2011
Submission Guidelines and Form:
*Questions or comments?*
Nancy Meyer, editor at email@example.com or call
Read about last year's competition here.